Cuba Gooding Jr's father asked Tom Cruise if he was gay

Fri, 17 Feb 2012 2:16p.m.

Cuba Gooding Jr. says he almost fainted when his father asked Tom Cruise whether he is gay.

The actor remembered bringing his father to the set of 1996 movie Jerry McGuire, in which he starred alongside Tom.

Cuba was lost for words when his dad questioned Toms sexuality and subsequently banned him from coming back on location.

He gave Tom Cruise a hug and said, I love you man. Now seriously, are you gay or not? I almost fainted, Cuba told British TV host Graham Norton. And thought, please Lord, let me disappear. Tom just laughed and said no.

The star also admitted that he is getting bored of hearing people shouting Show me the money the catchphrase he famously delivered in Jerry McGuire.

Cuba finds it difficult because he is repeatedly being asked to deliver the line when he is out and about.

It doesnt go away. I get it all the time. I wish I had a wand that would make people disappear whenever they say it, he said. Its hard especially when some drunk in a bar asks and finally you say it and he says, No, say it like you said it in the movie!

Cover Media


Comments