Tom Cruise's son rants about Patriots loss

CONNOR Cruise, a die-hard Patriots fan and son of superstar Tom Cruise, blasted off a series of highly charged text messages after a business contact cracked a joke about the New England team's Super Bowl loss.

Todd Krim, who had helped Cruise book DJ gigs, tweeted after Monday's game, "Sorry @TheConnorCruise maybe next year!!!" - unleashing the wrath of the aspiring DJ.

According to an email forwarded by Mr Krim, the 17-year-old texted back, "That was a gay a** f***ing tweet ... U don't say s*** like that about my team the second they lose. Low".

Mr Krim claims he wrote back, "Umm ok ... Dude I was f***ing joking," to which Cruise responded, "That was f***ed".

Cruise and Mr Krim were both in Indianapolis last weekend, where Cruise DJ'd DirecTV's Saturday night party.

Mr Krim says the Twitter tantrum ended their professional relations, while sources close to Cruise say they'd parted ways weeks ago.

On Tuesday, Mr Krim e-mailed colleagues with a screen grab of Cruise's texts, saying, "I am no longer working with Connor Cruise. In fact, I am no longer speaking with (him) ... I refuse to be professionally (or even personally) associated with someone that engages in this sort of behaviour ... I just thought you should know who and what you're dealing with".

He called Cruise's comments, "highly offensive and what I consider homophobic ... after I jokingly tweeted about the Patriots losing".

Mr Krim told the New York Post, "I did a lot for (Connor), and he was less than respectful and appreciative ... I made a joke, and let's just say his reaction was not what I expected. It's disappointing when you think someone is one way and they turn out to be another."

Cruise told the Post through his rep, "What I texted was unacceptable. It is not a reflection of who I am and what I feel, and it certainly won't happen again".

Read more here.


Comments