Julianne Hough sad her lap dance with Tom Cruise cut

Julianne Hough said she's disappointed a scene in "Rock of Ages," in which she gives Tom Cruise a lap dance, has been cut from the movie.

ADVERTISEMENT

Director Adam Shankman cut the scene from the upcoming rock-and-roll musical because it wasn't received well by test audiences, USA Today reported Friday. Audiences will eventually get to view the dance on the DVD release of the film.

Hough said she's bummed because she and Cruise worked so hard on perfecting the routine.

"I don't mean to be on the record saying I'm upset that the world doesn't get to see me give Tom Cruise a lap dance," she said. "The reason I'm upset is we worked so hard on that number. I'm sad no one will see the hard work we put in until the DVD comes out."

"Tom and I worked on this number for weeks. For me, I felt it was one of the best performances of the movie," Hough added. "It was just two people singing and dancing. And it was hard. It was the hardest dance I did. And the same for Tom. He actually got to dance."

"Rock of Ages" opens in movie theaters Friday.

Copyright 2012 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any repr


Comments