Tom Cruise in Bollywood? Mission: Possible

TOM Cruise has revealed he is an ardent admirer of India's film industry and would love to star in a Bollywood production someday, The Indian Express reported today.

Cruise is promoting his latest flick Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol in India with co-star, Bollywood legend Anil Kapoor.

"I love watching Hindi movies," he said.

Asked if he would consider a Bollywood role, Cruise responded, "I would never say no - I would love to do it."

Cruise, 49, was in India over the weekend and though his trip was short he managed to squeeze in a visit to the Taj Mahal.

"The atmosphere and the people here are very nice," he went on. "I'm happy with the love and appreciation I'm getting from my fans over here. India is an amazing place and I would definitely love to come again."

Kapoor, 51, has appeared in dozens of Bollywood productions and made his foray into Hollywood in the 2008 Oscar-winning film Slumdog Millionaire, playing talk show host Prem Kumar.

He also appeared as a series regular in the final season of 24, playing President Omar Hassan, leader of the fictional Republic of Kamistan.


Comments