Tom Cruise is a stand-up guy, says ex-'Home and Away' star Chris Egan

'Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol' Premiere at BFI IMAX, Waterloo, London: Tom Cruise

PA Images / Ian West/PA Wire

Tom Cruise has been described as a "stand-up guy" by former Home and Away star Chris Egan.

Since leaving the Australian soap for Hollywood, Egan has appeared in romantic drama Letters to Juliet and on shows such as NBC's Kings. He said that the first ever A-list movie star he met was Cruise, and he liked him instantly.

Egan said in an interview with The Daily Telegraph: "My agent... had mentioned me to Tom Cruise. The first big party I went to, Tom Cruise came up to me and said, 'You're Chris Egan, aren't you?' That made my year.

"I thought, 'What a stand-up guy to go out of his way to do that'. He gave me his entire attention; he gives you 100% of himself. You feel like you're the only one in the room when he is talking to you, he makes you feel very valued."

Egan said of his transition to a Hollywood career: "There's no real road map. Everyone's journey is different. You have to persevere and be willing to put everything in it. You have to stick it out. Also, be careful who you let into your life."

He added that working with Amanda Seyfried on Letters to Juliet was an "incredible experience", describing both Seyfried and Vanessa Redgrave as "amazing".

> Bryan Cranston: 'Tom Cruise is astonishing in Rock of Ages'
> Seth Rogen: 'I peed in Tom Cruise's driveway'

Watch the trailer for Letters to Juliet below:


Comments