People: Tom Cruise: "I hear it, I read it," but "here's the line"

Tom Cruise and wife Katie Holmes (Getty)

Tom Cruise took to the pages of Playboy recently to bare his soul.

Cruise talked about lawsuits he's brought overstories thathavebeen written about him and his family. He said it's part offense, part defense:

They know I mean it, that if I have to, I will sue, according to People, which got an early look at the issue of the magazine.

Does it stop them?

Does refuting things help? Not really. There comes a point when you just have to go, You know what? Here's how I've lived my life: I've never been late to a set. I make films I believe in. I feel privileged to be able to do what I love.' You just have to keep going and remember that, Cruise, who turns 50 in July, said.

As for the gossip, I hear it, I read it, I get it. he says, But life is not a matter of trying to prove anything to anybody.

But it's different when it comes to his family, he says.

You start with a letter saying, OK, you know it's not true. Apologize.' But with certain ones you have to go, Okay, you crossed a line, and now you have the attention of my lawyers.' [laughs] When it involves your kids, you have to go, Here's the line.'

He saidhe's in a tough situation regarding questions about hisbelief in Scientology.

If I don't talk about my religion, if I say I'm not discussing it or different humanitarian things I'm working on, they're like, He's avoiding it.' If I do talk about it, it becomes, Oh, he's proselytizing.'

Most people get new garden clippers or a CD as a surprise gift.

Not Brad Pitt.

He got a

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie (Getty)

helicopter.

Angelina Jolie paid $1.6 million on a chopper and flying lessons for herfiancee, according to the UK's The Sun.

They've had a helicopter pad installed in the grounds of their south of France home, Chateau Miraval, a source said. So Ange thought it would be nice to buy Brad a helicopter as a surprise present. In particular, they would like to be able to fly to and from Cannes.

But Pitt, who has a private pilot's license, still needs to take helicopter flying lessons.

Maybe he could give his ex, Jennifer Aniston, a flight.

After all they seem to have buried the hatchet: Jennifer sent him and Angelina an $800 bouquet ahead of this week's

From left, L.A. Reid, Demi Lovato, Simon Cowell and Britney Spears (Getty)

Cannes Film Festival to send her congrats on their engagement.

Only fitting after Brad earlier sent her a case of his Chateau Miraval wine.

Britney Spears reportedly is making 15 times more than Demi Lovato as anew judge on The X Factor.

While Lovato will get $1 million for her appearance on the show, Britney will! rake in $15 million, according to TMZ.

But apparently it's not all about the money for Lovato.

She says she's still pleased with her contract, and has even agreed to work around her schedul for her upcoming tour.

Fox made the announcement

Usher (Getty)

of the new judges both former Disney stars official this week at their 2012 Upfront presentation.

Spears said in a statement, I couldn't be more excited to join The X Factor' judging panel. I'm a huge fan of the show and now I get to be a part of the action. Simon and L.A. better watch out.

Tameka Foster is worried that Usher may force her out of his Georgia mansion.

She will be evicted if he wants it that way, according to TMZ.

The couple are reported stuck in a bad custody dispute, and under their divorce agreement, Usher can sell the property at any time, as long as he gives her 60 days' notice, sources told the

Tameka Foster (Getty)

website.

Tameka is aftraid he's going to sell, leaving her deeply in debt over their legal tussel, so she wanted him to give her the home for herself and the kids.

But Usher's refusing saying he's already paid her plenty.

The trial will continue later this month.

Lori Smith: 303-954-1207 or

lsmith@denverpost.com

Twitter.com/lorismithdp

More celebrity headlines


Comments