Tom Cruise changed my life, says 'Rock of Ages' Mia Michaels

Mia Michaels has said that she learned a lot from working with Tom Cruise on Rock of Ages.

The former So You Think You Can Dance judge choreographed the upcoming rock musical film and spent hours teaching actors Cruise and Catherine Zeta-Jones how to master the difficult moves.

Mia Michaels in So You Think You Can Dance

Tom Cruise Rock of Ages

In an interview with The Huffington Post, Michaels called the experience of working with the stars "crazy" and expressed particular admiration for Cruise.

"It was crazy working with Catherine Zeta Jones and Tom Cruise on the film. Working with all of [the cast] - especially Tom and Catherine Zeta - changed my life," Michaels explained.

"Tom really did, because he comes and he's not a dancer at all. But what affected me more than anything is the way he approaches his craft. And being in Hollywood, it's a hit or miss about seeing people that are really about the art. With him, he is relentless and you have to be right there with him."

She continued in praise of Cruise: "I love him. Tom would be with me for about four hours working, and then he would go to his vocal lessons and then guitar lessons. I mean, when he decided to take on Stacee Jaxx [his character in the film], he took him on."

Rock of Ages will be released on June 15 in US and UK cinemas.

> Tom Cruise: 'I sue tabloids to protect my family'

Watch the trailer for Rock of Ages below:


Comments