Nicole Kidman talks Katie Holmes, Tom Cruise divorce and depression

Nicole Kidman is denying a report that said she spoke to Katie Holmes about the actress' divorce from Tom Cruise and has also opened up about the depression she felt after her own breakup with the actor, her first husband and the father of her eldest children.

Holmes, 33, filed for divorce from Cruise, father of their 6-year-old daughter Suri, on June 28 and the two later reached a settlement. About two weeks after the filing, Us Weekly magazine quoted a "confidante" as saying that Holmes talked to Kidman over the phone about the separation.

"I never spoke to her," Kidman, 45, told the Australian magazine WHO in an interview published in its October 2012 20th Anniversary Collector's Issue. "I wish all of them well, but I was not involved in any of that."

The actress and Cruise, 5! 0, divorced in 2001 after 10 years of marriage and he won custody of their adopted son and daughter, Connor, 17, and Isabella, 19. Kidman remarried in 2006. She and her husband, country music singer and new "American Idol" judge Keith Urban, 44, are parents to two daughters - Sunday, 4, and Faith, 1.

"I married [Tom] really fast and really young, but I don't regret that because it got me Bella and Connor, and I did have a fantastic marriage for a long period," Kidman told WHO. "Then when it didn't work out, I had to really dig deep and find my way through depression, but I have no regrets about all of it. It was all a part of growing up."

The actress added: "I never, ever take Keith or our love for granted and I always keep in my mind that my dream is to grow very old with him."

Kidman has occasionally talked about her divorce from Cruise and how it made her feel.

The Associated Press reported in 2002 that Kidman worked on the film "The Hours" while battling depression following the split. She told The Chicago Sun-Times at the time: "I just didn't want to work. I was like, 'I'm going to pull out. I can't. ... I just don't. ... I can't cope with anything and I don't want to do it."

Kidman won her first Oscar for portraying famous novelist Virginia Woolf, who also battled depression, in the 2003 film.

In December 2003, Kidman talked about her life post-divorce with the Australian TV network Nine.

"I sort of thought at the time that I was going to curl up in a ball and just never get out of bed," Kidman said, according toThe Sydney Morning Herald. "But I have two kids and I had to get out of bed."

Last year, Kidman told the UK edition of Mar! ie Claire! magazine that following the breakdown of her marriage to Cruise: "I was really damaged and not sure whether that was ever going to happen again to me. 'I certainly never thought I'd have a baby at 41. But we never know what's around the corner."

(Copyright 2012 OnTheRedCarpet.com. All Rights Reserved.)


Comments